LifeLock, an authoritative source of identity theft protection, offers viable protection strategies as opposed to the mediocre and half-baked post-identity theft alert services that are offered by less effective credit monitoring services.
Since most of the occurrences of identity fraud and identity theft ussually result in financial crimes, it is very important that you use LifeLock's services to protect your family and/or yourself.
Because almost anyone's personal and financial information can be easily obtained by virtually anyone, identity fraud and identity theft are two of the fastest-growing crimes in the United States.
In fact, you or someone you know could be a potential identity theft/identity fraud victim within the next six months. Can it actually happen? The answer is a resounding "YES!"
If you're reading this blog entry in disbelief, check out the facts for yourself: Despite the fact that you safeguard your personal and financial information, you still could be a potential victim of identity fraud and identity theft when you…
- give a local merchant you credit card information,
- give a healthcare provider your personal and financial information,
- give a waitress your credit card information,
- give a car salesperson your personal and financial information,
- give an online merchant your credit card information
- and give your sensitive information to anyone else with whom you do business.
As you can see, each time you share your personal and financial information with someone, you put yourself at greater risk. Amazingly, your information (including your Social Security number) can be easily and legally obtained by anyone from numerous online and offline information brokers.
Because identity fraud and identity theft are detrimental to your financial health and personal security, you owe it to yourself to take remedial action right now before it's too late to do so. To protect you from the potential of identity theft, visit LifeLock's Web site and sign up for the tested and proven services which the company provides.
If you're still not convinced, you need to know the importance of identity protection:
- Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
- The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
- 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost.
Alarming stats for social media/smartphone users that have experience identity fraud:
- 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
- 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications.
- 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS.
- 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users.
Are you aware of the speed and precision at which a professional hacker can breach your password security? If not, check out the following facts:
- If you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it only takes a professional .000224 seconds.
- If you have 10 characters and one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 days for a professional to break in.
How hack-friendly is your password? With LifeLock, you can secure your personal information, online banking and overall privacy. Moreover, LifeLock's services are essential in protecting your loved ones and/or yourself.
To better help others in protecting themselves, I invite you to post your comment, discussing your personal experiences (if any) and why you think LifeLock is the key to identity protection. Perhaps, your insight can help others in making a well-informed identity protecting decision and sigh up for LifeLock's services.
For the latest information, check out LifeLock on Twitter